1. User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name, email address, credit card billing information, contacts you choose to submit, and profile photo) to FaceOff when choosing to participate in various activities on the Service such as registering for an account, participating in contests, uploading pictures, posting messages, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
2. Cookies Information: When you visit the gofaceoff.com website or native application, we may send one or more cookies - small files - to your computer or other device, which may enable us or others to uniquely identify your browser. FaceOff uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. Session cookies are temporary and typically disappear after you close your browser. You may be able to reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the gofaceoff.com website may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
3. Log File Information: When you use FaceOff, our servers may automatically record certain information that your device sends whenever you visit any website and use certain apps. These server logs may include information such as your web or app request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
4. Clear GIFs Information: When you use FaceOff, we may employ technology such as "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by specific users.
5. Additional Mobile App Information: When you use our mobile app, we also may collect mobile device information like operating system and hardware type, numbers or codes that are unique to your particular device, device state information, default device language, the location of your device, and app usage information.
6. Location Data Information: Certain services will make use of your location data. If you use such services, you consent to us transmitting, collecting, maintaining, processing and using your location data in order to provide and improve location-based services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by turning off the location settings or by notifying us in writing that you would like to withdraw such consent.
1. We use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of FaceOff, including but not limited to the following:
(a) providing you our products and services, including our games;
(b) processing and responding to inquiries;
(c) alerting you to new Service features, special events, products and services, or certain third-party products or services in which we think you will be interested; and
(d) enforcing the legal terms that govern your use of the Service.
2. We may use your information to contact you for both marketing and non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major FaceOff changes or for customer service purposes).
3. We use your information to improve the quality and design of FaceOff and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services, such as by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
(a) remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit FaceOff;
(b) providing custom, personalized content and information;
(c) monitoring the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
(d) monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and
(e) tracking your entries, submissions, and status in promotions, sweepstakes, and contests.
5. We may anonymize or aggregate your information for business purposes, including for reporting and research. Anonymous and/or aggregated data does not identify you, and we may use and disclose such information without limitation.
Our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, or other businesses or persons may have authorized access to your information (such as name or email address) for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf, including using the information to make improvements to the services they provide. We may share your personally identifiable information with third parties for their commercial or marketing use with your consent or as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may disclose personally identifiable information in response to your requests for customer service. As agreed in our Terms of Service, we may use personal information about you (such as your name and photo) in connection with marketing and publicity purposes. We will publish a profile page that includes your username, the date you became a member, your stats from previous contests and, if you uploaded one, your profile picture. When you participate in a contest, we may publish your username on a list of the contest participants, along with a link to your profile page. We also may share personally identifiable information in other situations with your consent.
FaceOff also reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information that FaceOff believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability or harm, to investigate and respond to third-party claims or allegations, to respond to a subpoena, legal order, or official request, to protect the security or integrity of our Service, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of FaceOff, our Users or others. Information also may be shared as described in the Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy section below.
You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through FaceOff, in which case FaceOff may not be able to provide certain services to you.
To protect your privacy and security, we reserve the right to take reasonable steps (such as requesting your password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information at all times.
FaceOff uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to FaceOff and you do so at your own risk.
In the event that FaceOff is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, or other change of control, there may be a disclosure of your personally identifiable information to another entity related to such event, and we may not control how the information is treated, transferred, or used by that entity.
Except where prohibited, participation in a contest constitutes the player's consent to the use by FaceOff and its agents of player's name, likeness, voice, opinions, and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade, or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice, or approval, as described in more detail in our Terms of Service.
If you reside in California, you may request certain general information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address: